GAINSBOROUGH PARK RULES
In these rules:
- “occupier” means anyone who occupies a park home, whether under an Agreement to which the Mobile Homes Act 1983 applies or under a tenancy or any other agreement
- “you” and “your” refers to the homeowner or other occupier of a park home
- “we” and “our” refers to the park owner
These rules are in place to ensure acceptable standards are maintained on the park, which will be of general benefit to occupiers, and to promote and maintain community cohesion. They form part of the Agreement by which homeowners occupy the pitch in accordance with the Mobile Homes Act 1983, as amended.
With one exception the rules also apply to any occupiers of park homes who rent their home.
The only rule which does not apply to occupiers who rent their home is rule 30 about the colour of the exterior of the home, as someone renting their home would not be responsible for exterior maintenance.
None of these rules is to have retrospective effect. Accordingly:
- They are to apply only from the date on which they take effect, which is 11th December 2014, and
- no occupier who is in occupation on that date will be treated as being in breach due to circumstances which were in existence on that date and which would not have been a breach of the rules in existence before that date.
Condition of the Pitch
1. For reasons of ventilation and safety you must keep the underneath of your home clear and not use it as a storage space.
2. You must not erect fences or other means of enclosure unless they are
(1) Up to 4’ Solid & 2’ Trellis fencing along the front facing border between the front of your home and the boundary of your pitch on the left and right hand side and
(2) Up to 3’ between the front of the pitch and the roadside and
(3) Up to 6’ where practicable
and you have obtained our approval in writing (which will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed). You must position fences and any other means of enclosure so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements.
3. You must not have external fires, including incinerators.
4. You must not keep inflammable substances on the park except in quantities reasonable for domestic use.
5. You must not keep or use explosive substances on the park, including Fireworks.
6. If you have a shed on the pitch. Where you source the shed yourself the design, standard and size of the shed must be approved by us in writing (approval will not be withheld or delayed unreasonably). You must position the shed so as to comply with the park’s site licence and fire safety requirements. The footprint of the shed shall not exceed 8’ X 6’
7. You must ensure that any shed or other structure erected in the separation space between park homes is of non-combustible construction and positioned so as to comply with the park’s site licence conditions and fire safety requirements. The separation space is the space between your park home and any neighbouring home.
8. You are responsible for the disposal of all household, recyclable and garden waste in approved containers through the local authority service. You must not overfill containers and must place them in the approved position for the local authority collections.
9. You must not deposit any waste or rubbish other than in local authority approved containers on any part of the park (including any individual pitch).
10. You must not use the park home, the pitch or the park (or any part of the park) for any business purpose, and you must not use the park home or the pitch for the storage of stock, plant, machinery or equipment used or last used for any business purpose. However you are at liberty to work individually from home by carrying out any office work of a type which does not create a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve other Staff, other workers, customers or members of the public calling at the park home or the park.
11. You must not use musical instruments, all forms of recorded music players, radios and other similar appliances and motor vehicles so as to cause a nuisance to other occupiers, especially between the hours of 10.30pm and 8.00am.
12. You must not keep any pets or animals except the following:
- Not more than 2 dogs (other than any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 which are not permitted at all). You must keep any dog under proper control and you must not permit it to frighten other users of the park. You must keep any dog on a lead and must not allow it to despoil the park.
- Not more than 2 domestic cats. You must keep any cat under proper control and must not permit it to frighten other users of the park, or to despoil the park.
- You must not keep any other animal or pet at the park or on the pitch except those which are housed in a cage, aquarium or similar and remain at all times within your home.
13. Nothing in rule 12 of these Park Rules prevents you from keeping an assistance dog if this is required to support your disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
The dog walk area is at the top left hand side of Greystone Avenue. Keep dogs on a lead when walking on the park. All Dog excrement is to be removed from the park; these include, your garden, roads, verges, and dog walk area.
14. You must protect all external water pipes from potential frost damage
15. You must obtain written permission before commencing any digging on the pitch i.e. fencing, fish ponds, and shed bases, so as to prevent water pipe damage.
16. You must not permit waste water from appliances or services from the home To be discharged onto the ground
Vehicles & Parking
17. You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed speed limit.
18. You must not park on the roads or grass verges.
19. You must not park anywhere except in the permitted parking spaces.
20. Other than for delivering goods and services, you must not park or allow parking of commercial vehicles of any sort on the park, including:
- Light commercial or light goods vehicles as described in the vehicle taxation legislation and
- With the exceptions of commercial vehicles operated by the park owner and their family, the park warden
21. You must hold a current driving licence and be insured to drive any vehicle on the park. You must also ensure that any vehicle you drive on the park is taxed in accordance with the requirements of law and is in a roadworthy condition.
22. Disused or un-roadworthy vehicles must not be kept anywhere on the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
23. You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the park:
(a) Major vehicles repairs involving dismantling of part(s) of the engine
(b) Works which involve the removal of oil or other fuels.
24. You must not use or display guns, firearms and offensive weapons (including crossbows) on the park and you may only keep them on the pitch or in your home if you hold the appropriate licence and they are securely stored in accordance with that licence.
25. Homeowners must maintain the outside of their park home in a clean and tidy condition. Where the exterior is repainted or recovered homeowners must use reasonable endeavours not to depart from the original exterior colour-scheme. You may decorate the exterior of your home using pastel shades, for example pale lemon, pale green, pale blue etc., so long as they are in keeping with the colours of other homes on the park. If you are in any doubt as to the colours which are permitted, please come and talk to us in the office.
26. Access is not permitted to vacant pitches. Building materials or other plant must be left undisturbed.